Thursday 11 December 2008

G2 Article Project

Our hand in date for our G2 article project with Lauren Currie & Giorgio Giove was Friday past (5th December) & there were many interesting & articulate projects handed in. I was really impressed with some of the actual Graphic Design that had gone into some of the articles & it was clear that some people really put a lot of effort into their projects & well done to them for doing so!

There was one project in particular that was looking at Renewable Energy, Household efficiency etc that employed an effective use of white space and colour theory. This lead me to think of the "less is more" arguement, however, I feel that this does only apply to certain situations. Although, I should not digress from my original point that this student clearly has a keen eye for handling layouts & use of colour.

Anyway, everyone managed to hand their article in, mounted ready for Lauren, Gio & Louise to mark (bar one student (I am not going to name any names Robbie Butler( Although my hat does go off to your for your 6am efforts!!))).

I myself enjoyed the project & scope that we were allowed in what we choose to write (basically anything), but I was not particularly happy with my article & presentation.However, I would just like to thank Gio & Lauren for their time & skills!

1 comment:

Gio said...

Hi Grant,
Love the blog so far, keep it up.
Glad you enjoyed the project... I think you will do really well in your time as a training designer and beyond.
If you want to chat about your article and get a little more feedback, let me know.

Gio